My husband loves to send me recipes for the Ninja Foodi for me to play with. Ninja Foodi Parmesan Chicken with Bacon is inspired by a post he sent from 365 days of CrockPot.
This is a wonderfully creamy parmesan sauce with a hint of garlic over tender, juicy chicken filets. With a little bit of bacon, fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes, it was absolutely wonderful. I served it with rice that I made pot-in-pot. That was a first for me but I was so excited that the rice and chicken came out perfectly. And as usual with the Ninja Foodi clean up was a breeze.
Ninja Foodi Parmesan Chicken with Bacon Preparation
I love my Pampered Chef Prep Bowls. I have them in a couple different sizes. When making a new recipe, or old favorites with lost of ingredients, I always use them. Ninja Foodi Parmesan Chicken with Bacon has a few ingredients, but measuring them out and then just dumping in is easy. It also allows me to get the kids involved more with the cooking.
The Ninja Foodi Parmesan Chicken with Bacon recipe calls for crispy bacon. I fried mine up in the Ninja Foodi because I like a little of the bacon grease to help flavor the sauce. You can use precooked bacon if you wanted. After dumping most of the bacon grease out, add the butter and sauté the onions and garlic until fragrant, soft and translucent. Then add the chicken stock and chicken. I typically have the butcher cut my chicken into tenderloins. I do not like to cut chicken and then they are nice size pieces for the kids.
If you are cooking the rice pot-in-pot, then mix the rice and water together in the insert. Close the insert, or cover with aluminum foil. Place on a trivet inside the pot above the chicken.
Put the Pressure lid on the Ninja Foodi and make sure it is sealed. Select Pressure and set to High for 8 minutes. For diced chicken you can cook for 4-6 minutes. Cook 10-12 minutes for full-size breasts, depending on the thickness.
Once done cooking, let pressure naturally release for 5 minutes and then release the rest. Open the pot and remove the chicken to the serving bowl. Mix some of the half and half with the corn starch. I typically use a Ball Freezer container to shake the corn starch mixture well. Add the half-and half and the corn starch mixture. Whisk well and stir for a few minutes or until thickened. Add the Parmesan cheese, bacon and spinach. Once spinach is wilted, pour sauce over chicken. Stir slightly to coat the chicken and top with cherry tomato pieces. Serve over rice. Yummy!
This makes a lot of sauce. I froze some for COST Cooking as I may just need to pressure cook some chicken quickly to have this a second time.
Ninja Foodi Parmesan Chicken with Bacon
- 4 slices Bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ¾ cup Onions, diced
- 2 tsp Mined garlic Heaping teaspoons
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1½ lbS Chicken breast, cut into tenderloin pieces
- 1 tsp Salt To taste
- 1 tsp Pepper To taste
- 1½ cups Half and half
- 1½ cups Parmesean cheese, grated or shredded
- ½ cup Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 tbsp Corn Starch
- Turn on the Ninja Foodi and select Sear/Sauté. Leave temperature on high. Once warmed add bacon and cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon to bowl for later. Drain pot of the bacon grease leaving enough to coat the bottom for flavor.
- Add the butter to the Ninja Foodi. Once melted add the onions and sauté for about two minutes
- Add the garlic to the pot and sauté for about 30 seconds to a minutes. The onions should be translucent and soft.
- Turn the Ninja Foodi off. Add the chicken broth and layer the chicken across the bottom of the pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- If making the rice in the same pot, add rice and water ot the pot to be used for pot-in-pot. Add to the Ninja using sling or raised insert.
- Our pressure lid on the Ninja Foodi and make sure the valve is on seal. Turn Ninja Foodi on and select Pressure. Set to High and 8 minutes.
- When cooking is complete let pressure naturally release for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to plate. Set Ninja Foodi to Sear/Sauté.
- Mix about 4 Tbsp of half and half with the cornstarch. Mix well.
- Add the half and half to the pot along with the well mixed cornstarch mixture.
- Stir until sauce thickens.
- Add cheese, bacon and spinach. Stir well.
- Serve over rice and top with the cherry tomatoes
Leave a Reply