On a cold winter morning, Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal starts the day with a cozy feel. We love oatmeal and the quick add water packets are ok, but this is another recipe that takes me to a simpler time.
All my kids love to cook with me, but James will get up on “stay home days” ready to make breakfast. This morning he was ready to make oatmeal. I pulled out the Pampered Chef Apple Corerer Slicer and his eyes lit up. It is such an easy way to involve the kids in cutting the apples in a safe way.
Steps for Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
This one is so easy. Toss 1 cup of steel oats, 1 tsp cinnamon and on apple, cored, peeled and chopped into the Instant Pot. It is important if is steel oats because they will not turn to mush at the poking heat of pressure cooking. If a little of the part of the apple peel ends up in the oatmeal it will dissolve. Add 4 cups of water and mix well.
Secure the pressure cooking lid on the Instant Pot.. Select Pressure and set to High for 10 minutes. When the cooking is complete allow for natural release for 15 minutes. Open lid, stir oatmeal and serve. It is very hot. This is not pre-sweetened so I add either honey or brown sugar for the kids. Sometimes I also toss in a few raisins. James likes to sneak a few mini marshmallows in his:)
Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1 cup Steel oats Do not use other oats and they cannot withstand the high temperature.
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 each Apple, cored, peeled and diced Use good cooking apples like Granny Smith.
- 4 cups Water
- Core, peel and dice apple. I use the Pampered Chef Corer as it makes this a breeze.
- Add oats, apple and cinnamon to the Instant Pot.
- Add water to the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Close pressure lid and set to high for 10 minutes.
- Let pressure naturally release for 15 minutes once complete.
- Open lid and stir oatmeal. It is very hot, but as you place in bowls add sweetener such as brown sugar, or honey. Add any other toppings desired such as raisins or nuts.