Instant Pot Baby Potatoes are a hearty side dish that will have the kids, and your husband, asking for seconds. Normally potatoes take so long too cook to be nice and soft. However, the Instant Pot cooks them in 10 minutes. Most nights I top these with butter and garlic salt, but feel free to switch up the seasoning. Also sprinkle with Parmesan or Romano for a change in flavor.
We had a family from the hockey team over the other night and was able to whip these up right after the Ninja Foodi Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon. We served these with the asparagus and Ninja Grill Tuscan Pork. It was a great meal, especially with an added bottle of red wine. I have to say I also loved showcasing both my favorite Ninja products.
What You Need For Instant Pot Baby Potatoes
One pound of baby potatoes, or substitute small red potatoes cut in half. You could probably use fingerling potatoes, but would need to adjust the cook time for their size. One cup of water to provide the pressure cooker enough liquid and then the butter and seasoning of your choice.
Wash the potatoes and add to the Instant Pot with the water. Close the pressure lid and set the pressure to high. Set the time to 10 minutes. Once cooking is complete release the pressure. Drain the water from the potatoes. Add butter and mix gently to coat. Gently as the potatoes are nice and soft and will break apart. If they do that quickly convert to mashed potatoes. Mix in your seasonings of choice, and viola a hearty and easy side dish. It is a great compliment to beef, pork or chicken.
Instant Pot Baby Potatoes
- 1 lb Baby potatoes Can substitute small or halved red potatoes. If using fingerling potatoes cut cook time.
- 1 cup Water
- 4 tbsp Butter
- Garlic Salt to taste Substitue any other seasoning of your choice
- Wash potatoes.
- Place potatoes and water in the Instant Pot and cover with the pressure cooking lid.
- Turn on the Instant Pot and set the pressure setting to high and the time to 10 minutes. Adjust for more or less potatoes.
- When cooking is complete release the pressure. Drain the water.
- Add butter to the potatoes and mix gently to compeletly coat the potatoes. Add the garlic salt and mix again.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply