When we first got our Ninja Foodi last Christmas I was most interested in the air fryer functionality. This Ninja Foodi Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon was the first thing we tried. It was so good and easy. We made it two days later for friends for New Year’s Eve. It was great compliment to the main dish of filet and crab legs. We got rave reviews for both taste and ease of cooking.
We recently just got our Ninja Grill and had to try Ninja Foodi Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon again. It was just as good and we actually could cook more stalks more evenly. Both the Ninja Foodi and the Ninja Grill did a great job of evenly cooking the bacon and not overcooking the asparagus.
What You Need
This recipe only has a handful of cheap ingredients. In our house we always have bacon, so the asparagus is usually our only cost. However, if you have left over asparagus from another meal this is a great way to use it up.
Warm up you Ninja Foodi or Ninja Grill to 400 degrees. If using the Cook and Crisp insert on the Ninja Foodi you can warm it with the Ninja Foodi but do not have to. Mix the oil, brown sugar and garlic pepper or garlic herb seasoning in a low rimmed bowl. Trim your asparagus and cut your raw bacon strips.Coat the asparagus in the seasoning mix and wrap a half slice of bacon around it. I tend to just rub the seasoning mix on the asparagus stalk. When wrapping rotate up the stalk, keeping a slight overlap.
Place the wrapped stalks seam side down in the Ninja, If using the Cook and Crisp insert, be sure to use hot pads to move it around. Cook time varies based on hoe fatty the bacon is and how crispy you want it. 8-10 minutes if the minimum, however for more creepiness with fatty bacon I have cooked up to 14 minutes. I suggest checking it after 8 minutes and then adding 2 minutes at a time as needed.
I sometimes serve this was a side of honey mustard. This pair really well with any meats that use the Tuscan Dry Rub. Enjoy!
Clean up is a breeze as most of the parts from both the Ninja Foodi and the Ninja Grill are dishwasher safe. Then there are only a few minor dishes used to coat the asparagus. Basically a fabulous snack in about 20 minutes and then toss everything in the dishwasher.
Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 6-8 Pieces Bacon, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp Grape seed Oil Can substitute olive or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Herb or Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- Using the Air Fryer functionality, preheat the Ninja Foodi Or Ninja Grill to 400 degrees. If you are using the Cook and Crisp insert, let that heat with the Ninja.
- Trim asparagus to length that fits the fryer basket.
- Mix the oil, brown sugar and seasoning together.
- Coat the asparagus in the mixture.
- Cut the bacon strips in half. And wrap one around each coated piece of asparagus.
- Place in the Ninja. Cooking time varies depending on how crispy you want the bacon and how fatty the bacon is. 8-10 minutes minimum, but to crisp up fatty bacon it is closer to 12-14 minutes.
Leave a Reply